At Forty 1° North dedication to hospitality extends not only to guests but to the environment as well. Our newly constructed hotel is LEED-certified, and we have made great efforts to incorporate eco-consciousness into our architecture, design, and service.
Eco-conscious amenities and design characteristics include:
- French doors throughout our public spaces and large operable windows and sliding doors in all Guestrooms
and Suites take advantage of the cool breezes for which Newport is famous, greatly reducing the
need for air conditioning in warm weather.
- Highly efficient spray-on foam insulation is used throughout the hotel to create a highly energy-efficient
- Floor-to-ceiling south and west-facing windows throughout the hotel reduce the need for artificial lighting
during the daytime.
- LED and CFL lightbulbs reduce energy consumption for lighting by up to fifty percent.
- Malin + Goetz bath and spa amenities are selected due to their natural ingredients and the manufacturer’s
commitment to the environment.
- The concrete used for walkways and plazas is mixed with recycled glass and shells thereby reducing the
amount of new cement needed for the concrete mixture.
- Wood used in the hotel is FSC-certified, guaranteeing that it comes from a sustainable source.
- The hotel is the first in the country to use hospitality grade LED televisions.
- Each room contains an iPad for the guest’s use. It features paperless directories, menus, and maps. Daily
newspapers are also delivered via iPad.
- Green Earth towels are used in all guest bathrooms. Made from a super-fine cotton, the towels dry quickly
after being washed, thus reducing energy costs. In addition the towels dry quickly in the guest’s room,
making them more comfortable for re-use by the guest if desired.
- Low flow shower heads and dual-flush commodes reduce water usage by as much as forty percent.
- All pillows and duvets are down-free to reduce allergens in the air.